March 23, 2008

Lent is over

As some of you may know, I gave up carbonated drinks for lent. It started out really tough, especially when you see an ice cold, frosty Diet Coke in the refrigerator every morning and have to resist with all your might not to drink it! By the 3rd week, the cravings got better as most do when you do without :) Well... I DID IT!!! I didn't have a single carbonated drink the entire 40 days of lent and amazingly enough, it wasn't that bad! We went to lunch today and I splurged and ordered a Diet Coke. After my first, long awaited drink, I realized it wasn't all that great :( I didn't get the satisfaction in drinking it like I used to so I've decided to stop drinking carbonated drinks. I'm hoping that I will stick with my goal so if you see me with a divine drink in my hand, please grab it and chug it yourself! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Girl!!!