September 29, 2008

7 years ago today.......

I said yes to the greatest question I've every been asked, "will you marry me?" I can't believe it's been 7 years since we got engaged! A wedding, 4 anniversaries, 2 dogs, 3 houses and a child in between, here we are 7 years later :)

Our Story....

Brandon & I met for the first time at OU in February 2001. The moment I met him, I knew he was the man I was going to marry. I didn't see him for 3 months after that. On May 3rd, we met up again and talked for hours outside our dorm rooms at OU and have been together ever since.

Our Engagement
My good friend Amy lived in the same apartments as Brandon, in Norman. One afternoon, Amy and I saw a FedEx truck pull up to Brandon's apartment. Brandon was working in Dallas at the time and wasn't there to get the package. He thought he'd be in Norman that week but wasn't so by "mistake" he had the jeweler ship the ring from Rockwall to Norman. His roommate Beau was at the apartment and signed for the wonderful little box. Amy & I bombarded Brandon & Beau's apartment and grabbed the box knowing what was hidden inside :) You would have thought it was Christmas morning with the level of excitement between us girls. Amy was going back to Sherman that weekend so she carried the ring across state lines to make sure that I didn't open the package and so it got to Brandon safely. On Friday night, she got the ring to Brandon, safe and sound :)

That Saturday evening, I went to my sister Sarah's house in Sherman. I can't recall why I went over there but there was something that needed to be done. Brandon stayed at my parents house and little did I know, he was getting their approval to marry their youngest, sweetest (ha) daughter. I am the baby 4 girls so you can imagine by #4, they were more or less ready to boot me out the door. My dad being a 6'4" wonderful man, is by no means intimidating but I'm sure when asked by a young Sooner if he could marry his daughter, he became a giant!! While sitting in their living room, my dad asked Brandon if there was anything he was hiding or needed to tell them that they didn't already know and he said "well, there's not much other than I've got asthma!!" My parents about fell on the floor laughing!! That's Brandon for you- an open book and honest about everything! After getting approval from the 'rents, I just so happened to show back up at my parents house.

I walked in the door and Brandon told me we were going somewhere and he blind folded me with a State of Texas flag bandanna that was my dads. I lived in Sherman all of my life so with or without a blind fold, I would figure out where we were going.... or so I thought. Brandon knew that I could figure it out so he took every road possible to get me off track and he did! We came to a stop and he led me out of the car and told me to stand still. When he took of the blind fold, he told me to open my eyes and all I saw were tennis courts. Where in the world was I? Then he told me to turn around and there was my prince down on one knee with the ring in hand, asking me to be his wife!! I was shocked and said YES... of course! Once I turned around, I saw an oh so familiar building and knew exactly where we were-- at the yellow snow cone stand!! It was the PERFECT place b/c this was our place to go that summer. Brandon was injured in an accident in June and wasn't able to work so we spent the summer, in love :), in Sherman and Rockwall. Every time we'd go to Sherman, we'd go to Brandon's favorite yellow snow cone stand and get delicious snow cones. After a wonderful engagement surprise, we went to Braum's- YUMMM- for ice cream (the snow cone stand was closed :( )then went out to see my girlfriends Amy, Jackie & Kristen to celebrate!

It has been so much fun experiencing life with Brandon and all that has come with it for the past 7 years! On May 3rd, 2001, I met my prince and on September 29th, 2001, I promised to marry my prince :) Love is unexplainable. The first day I met Brandon, in February, I knew he was the man I was going to marry. I can't imagine life before he came along and I am so excited to spend the rest of my life with him! I love you Brandon!!

2 comments:

Jaimee Granberry said...

awww...so sweet...that story just never gets old!:) oh, and I love the wreath Mrs. Arts and Crafts!:)

raschel said...

aww!! i've never heard that, and i loved it. it gave me chills.