The weekend before last, I went to McKinney to spend the weekend with my girlfriends Kristen, Nikki & Amy. These are my best girlfriends from high school, sans Jackie, who is in L.A. taping The Bachelor. Yes, our best friend made it on the top 25 of the Bachelor so be sure to watch for Jackie Hickey when the show airs in January!
We met at Kris' house on Saturday afternoon before our "big night" out in McKinney! Uncle Julio's had just opened in Allen and we wanted to go there but like in any town, when a new restaurant opens, EVERYONE wants to go. We were all starving and ready to eat so we agreed on Mi Cocina, our favorite! We got there around 5, which for all of us, was ol' blue hair time and well before the Early Bird Specials, ha! We had great Mexican food and got to catch up on all that is going on in each of our lives. Amy is pregnant and due in April (we found this out about a month ago, last time we all met for lunch at Mi Cocina) and Kristen is pregnant and due in June, YAY!!
After a delicious dinner, we went and got cookies to bake back at Kristen's house. Kristen, so sweetly :), lathered the cookies in butter- a fav of she and Nikki's- so I tried one and I must say, they were really good and have taken days to burn off at the gym :)! We hung out and gossiped, as always, and watched Notting Hill. You'd have thought we were ol' blue hairs b/c we were all in bed by 10:30 that evening! It's crazy -- I had a weekend without my sweet P and I was in bed earlier than I am when I'm with her!
On Sunday morning, Kris, Nikki and I met at Bread Winners for brunch. If you haven't been there, I HIGHLY recommend it. Their food is so delicious and fresh! After being stuffed on breakfast tacos, I drove back to Houston to see Brandon and Payton. Payton was SO happy to see me and had a great weekend herself with her Cha Cha. Thank you to Cha Cha who came to Houston to keep Payton for us while Brandon played in a golf tournament and while I went to McKinney.
I miss my girls and can't wait to see y'all at Christmas!! AND..... I can't wait for the babies to get here so we can get some sweet cuddling from all the newborns that are arriving within the months to come........
Hello world!
5 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment