Brandon's grandfather, Hank Granberry, was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer 8 years ago and passed away in 2001. To help raise awareness, Brandon's dad's company, Graphic Solutions Group, started the Hank Granberry memorial golf tournament to raise money for PanCan research. Brandon, Payton and I went up to Rockwall on Tuesday night so her daddy could play in the tournament. The tournament was held on Wednesday, October 1st, at the Cowboys Golf Club in Grapevine. Payton spent the day with her Cha Cha and Great Grandma Gene (Brandon's grandmother) driving around in a golf cart, playing in the dirt and waving at all the golfers. I worked the tournament so I only saw bits and pieces of Payton during the tournament and the times I saw her, she was running around and having a great time! Cha Cha definitely needed a good nights sleep after taking care of her all day :) After the tournament was over, we had lunch at the club and gave out prizes to everyone at the tournament. Too bad a Granberry didn't win the tournament this year... but then again, they can't ALWAYS win every tournament, especially, their own family's tournament! That evening, the Granberry's had friends, GSG employees and vendors over at their house for steaks and salmon. We had a great tournament and a great time seeing everyone from the GSG family.
**We're still working on a grand total to be donated to PanCan so once I know that info, I'll post it :)





0 comments:
Post a Comment