I've been asking my self this question all morning- Are they lost, misplaced or hidden from mommy?
Every day, I wear my wedding ring and watch. No matter what other jewelry I'm wearing, those 2 things are always the most important part of any outfit (besides good jeans, ha!) And I don't go anywhere without my wedding ring. I got into an accident the 1 time I left it at home and feel had I had my ring on, maybe it wouldn't have happend...who knows! Since that day, I've never gone without it.
Yesterday was no different than any other day. Payton and I spent the day at home, anxiously awaiting the arrival of her new car seat. When it was delivered, we opened the box and got it out and played around with it. Payton had a blast playing in the box while I read over the manual to make sure I didn't risk Payton's life by not installing it correctly. The afternoon went on and I took off my watch and laid it on the counter b/c I was going to play outside with P and didn't want to get it dirty. After playing in the dirt, rocks and having a lovely picnic dinner, we were well fed and ready to install the car seat. I got in my car and started installing the seat. You mama's know how big of a pain these seats can be and Britax happens to be the easiest to install yet I still find myself sweating and often saying a few choice words to the car seat while making sure it's installed perfectly, as it should be!
In the process of getting the seat in, my hands were getting all beat up. I rarely take off my wedding ring but decided that I didn't want to damage it in any way so I took it off and laid it on the console of my car. In the meantime, from what I can remember, a sweet little 3 year old came about and was playing in the drivers seat (car was off, of course), pushing all the buttons in the car and honking the horn (while parked in a closed garage so that was a nice surprise, ha!). After having her fill of playing and finally getting the car seat installed to safety standards, we went inside to take a bath, not realizing I didn't have my wedding ring on. I got Payton to bed, worked, then went to bed. I went to bed and realized while making down my bed that I didn't have my ring on and remembered it was on the console and I'd get it there in the morning.
This morning, I get out of bed, shower, get breakfast made, work a bit, get P up and remember to go get my ring out of the car. I go out and open the door to my car and the ring is no where in sight! I don't panic at all. I searched the car, up and down, and the ring was not there!!! Then the panic set in!! And the questions :) I went back inside and asked Payton "P, do you know where mommy's wedding ring is that daddy gave her?" And this was her response "We'll find it this afternoon!" Funny response for a 3 year old, sounds a lot like her mommy :) I asked her what she meant and she walked up to me (we were talking eye level) and put her hand on my shoulder and said "It's ok mommy, daddy will get you another ring and watch!" WATCH?! What??? I didn't know I had lost my watch but thanks to my honest daughter, the watch is missing too!!! She has been telling Brandon and I for the past couple of weeks that she wants a watch "JUST like mommy's" so maybe she's decided the ring would be good too so she's taken both for her own!
My watch is dear to my heart b/c it was given to me from my sweet hubby as a pre-engagement gift. He gave it to me the day before we got engaged to throw me off, in hopes that I wouldn't figure out what was to come. And of course, my wedding ring is very special to me as it is a symbol of my union with Brandon and it was designed by him so that makes it even more special.
Brandon is traveling on business and has no idea I have lost my watch or my ring so we'll have a great story to tell him this evening when he gets back home. If you happen to see a 3 year old in the Houston area with a watch and diamond ring on her finger, give me a shout! We will hunt without ceasing until the goods are found!
Hello world!
5 years ago


2 comments:
Natalie hid my wedding/engagement rings from me one time right before she turned 3...after searching for hours, I offered her a WONDERFUL reward if she would show mommy where they were! She kept saying she put them in "Daddy's special box." So after offering her ice cream if she would show me, she took me to the closet to some empty steel box, and there they were! So try to offer Payton a great surprise if she shows you! That is the easiest way for them to remember! Hope you find them soon!
Umm....I'm FREAKING out FOR you. What the heck?! How are you being so calm? :) I'm proud of you. Do you really think Payton has it? This was a very dramatic story. i loved it, but post an update ok? i sure hope you find both of them! Payton is too funny! "we'll find it this afternoon mommy". haha!! silly girl!
Post a Comment