I cannot believe that I'm already 32-weeks pregnant!! It seems like I was pregnant for years with Payton and when you need all the time in the world to prepare yourself, your family and everything around you for baby #2, they're here before you know it.
On Friday, we had our 32-week ultrasound to check on Payne. Payton went with us to the appointment and was beyond excited about the gel that the Sonographer uses on your stomach.... the little things that get her excited :) She was so ecstatic over the gel, we bought some gel at the store after our appointment and now we get to do ultrasounds on everyone in the house :) She checked all his organs and everything looked great, Praise the Lord. He was breech when I had my last ultrasound, 2 months ago, and he's still cozy as can be with his head in my left rib cage..... I can't blame him, it's probably the coziest place to be at this point... for both of us! His feet (which look rather large in the pictures, like his sisters!) are on my right side rib cage so he's definitely got a plush pad for sleeping these last few weeks. He weighed 4 lbs as of 32-weeks so Dr. C is estimating that he'll weigh between 7 1/2 - 8 lbs... just like his sister! I LOVE the Sonographer that Dr. C uses. She makes me laugh every time I see her. Payton loves her and has so much fun at the ultrasound appointments. After we were done, Donna (our fav Sonographer's name) gave Payton the pictures of Payne and I couldn't get them away from her until she fell asleep that night... Not sure she understands that what's in that picture IS going to come out and NOT go back in or else she'd probably let loose of those pictures with no hesitation :)
On Monday, I had my check up with Dr. C. As usual, he made me laugh and feel relaxed about the coming weeks. Payne's heart rate was 156..... beating fast as ever while he did some kick boxing moves in my stomach. I'm retaining water (just like I did with Payton) and still have weeks to go. In case I've never posted this and don't ask me if I have b/c I have a horrible memory when it comes to my last postings, but I gained 60-lbs with Payton and the last 30 were gained in the last month! I know- how does this happen?! For some reason, this gals body packs on the bulge (or water weight, whatever fits you best) the last few weeks of pregnancy and I have no doubt that it will happen again.... and I'm happy to do it all for the sake of my sweet children :) And Dr. C thinks nothing of me gaining 60-lbs! How sweet is he? I mean, I gain the weight of a 8 year old (is that how much a 8-year old weighs?!.... if not, add a few years!) and he never says a word.... and I thought I loved the Anesthesiologist?!! Hmmm...tough race!
I go back in 2 weeks for another check up and another ultrasound to see if this little man has flipped. We're so grateful that he is healthy and growing according to schedule. Bless our little man :)
Hello world!
5 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment