That sums up our weekend :)
On Wednesday, April 1st, my good friend Amy had her sweet little girl, Harper Brooke Saye. They live in Dallas (McKinney, really:)) and since Payton and I were going to Keller for the weekend, we made a pit stop in Dallas to meet precious Harper... and she is P.R.E.C.I.O.U.S.!! She weighed 7 lbs 2 oz and was 18 3/4" long and is one healthy baby girl. She has LOTS of dark brown hair and is gorgeous. What a little miracle she is and we are so happy to have spent time with them.
April 1st, 2009
2:58 p.m.
7 lbs 2 oz
18 2/4" long
After meeting baby Harper, Payton and I took off for Keller...not far at all from Dallas. We were so excited to see Jennifer, Patrick, Addie & baby Amelia. Payton woke up every day last week asking "are we going to see my friend Addie today?" So she was excited to see the day had come to see Addie! We got there late on Friday night so we ate dinner late, bathed the girls late, put the girls down late and went to bed very late :)
2:58 p.m.
7 lbs 2 oz
18 2/4" long
After meeting baby Harper, Payton and I took off for Keller...not far at all from Dallas. We were so excited to see Jennifer, Patrick, Addie & baby Amelia. Payton woke up every day last week asking "are we going to see my friend Addie today?" So she was excited to see the day had come to see Addie! We got there late on Friday night so we ate dinner late, bathed the girls late, put the girls down late and went to bed very late :)
On Saturday morning, Jen and I took the girls to an Easter Egg hunt at a park near their house. The hunts age group was 0-3 years so our girls fit right in...along with about 100 other kiddos! Before the hunt started, the Easter bunny & Smokey the Bear came over (and by over, I mean near, not too close) to say hello. Payton wasn't too fond of them at the time and now, she can't stop talking about Smokey the Bear. It's funny b/c she also talks about the CFA Cow like he's her BF but when she sees him, there's no friendship for sure! Payton and Addie kept trying to escape our watch and get an early start on the egg hunt and after many runs after them, the hunt began. And...... it lasted all of about 45 seconds! It was crazy and so much fun to see how quickly they picked up on what to do since we don't hunt eggs but 1x/year!! Payton and Addie got lots of eggs filled with candy, prizes and CFA goodies. It was a fun morning!
After the hunt was over, we went back to Jen's house, changed clothes (since it wasn't freezing anymore!), loved on sweet Millie and took Payton and Addie to lunch and shopping. After a tasty lunch at Mi Cocina (and a mess made by two little girls so we're probably never allowed back again!), we went shopping in Southlake. The girls ran around, played and got tired, very quickly! We took the girls home, put them down for naps and Patrick stayed there with them while Jen and I went to the oh-so-wonderful Target, sans children!! How rare is this?! VERY rare around my house!! I usually go to Target during the week after the gym and Payton is always with me b/c well, Brandon works, so going without a child is a special treat!! I think Jen and I were there for about 2 hours, looking at everything and admiring things that had been in the stores for months that went unnoticed by us b/c we usually don't enter the store without kiddos to entertain. It was a great trip and I only spent $36!!! WOW! I never leave Target without spending $100 and somehow, it always tends to fit into 1 bag! I guess when you don't have kids with you, you think more logically and only buy the stuff you really need :)
After getting back from our therapy trip to Target, we woke up the girls from their naps. Jen and Patrick's friends Courtney, Ben and sweet Walker came over for dinner. The kids had fun playing in the sand, hunting Easter eggs (Payton wanted everyone to find the eggs, over and over), and running around the backyard. It was a gorgeous evening filled with great food, great friends and great kids! After dinner, we put the kids in the bath then off to bed it was for them and us! We were all exhausted after our busy day.
On Sunday morning, we woke up and were supposed to go to breakfast with the O'Hair's at Manny G's but my pregnant brain forgot to get the food I had made for Amy, JT and Harper out of Jen's freezer. So I had to turn around once I got to the restaurant, go back to Jen's house, get the food, and go back to the restaurant only to leave about 10 minutes later :( We had a wonderful time with the O'Hair's and miss them dearly! We couldn't believe how much sweet Millie had grown and how much Addie had changed in only 2 months! We love the O'Hair girls and we hope to see y'all in a few weeks!
After getting the food and leaving our quick breakfast in Keller, Payton and I headed to McKinney to meet Kristen & Nikki for lunch at La Madeline. Payton was in a great mood up until about 10 minutes before we got to the restaurant. For the first 20 minutes or so of lunch, she would not talk, would not look at anyone and only wanted her mommy. After awhile, she opened up and was running a muck all around the restaurant.... and filling Nik's purse with salt :) After eating a delicious lunch, we went to Amy's house to bring her the food I made for her and to see Harper. In case you're curious, I made the food in Houston, froze it, it stayed frozen until we got to Keller, I put it in Jen's freezer, almost forgot to get it but got it, and delivered it in perfect condition to the Saye family on Sunday :) Amy, JT and Harper had been home from the hospital for almost 24 hours and were doing so well!! Harper was sleeping the whole time we were there and got lots of cuddles.... that is, by everyone but me!! I was driving back to Houston when I realized I did not hold that sweet baby girl 1x!! What in the world?!! I was so upset! BUT... never fear, we are going back to Dallas this weekend and cuddles for Harper are in store so Amy, be prepared :)
After loving on Harper, Payton and I then headed to Celina to celebrate Adelie's, my niece, 5th Birthday! WOW! We cannot believe she is 5 already!! I remember the day she was born as if she was one of my own children and in a way, she is, she's my niece :) They had a cookout with family and close friends to celebrate 5 wonderful years of Adelie Grace. She was excited we were all there and got lots of cool gifts. This weekend, we're going back to Dallas for her birthday party at Build-A-Bear and Payton is ready to go...NOW! She was confused as to why the party wasn't on Sunday so I explained to her that this was Adelie's actual BIRTHday and next Saturday is her party. Payton was exhausted by the time we left Celina and slept for 2 hours in the car. The ride home was the fastest ride home from Dallas we've ever had- not that I sped or anything but the time went by so quickly! Thankfully, we got home safe and sound.
Party FriendsKatie Blair, Kason, Addie, Payton (please excuse her attire... we can't keep the girl in the same outfit for too long these days!), Reid and Tanner
My favorite picture!!My dad with his 2 granddaughters....priceless and precious!
Makes my heart melt :)















3 comments:
I don't know how you do it. You are always on the go.
That just exhausted me...although, my weekend was just about as busy as that...I miss you! Love you and P!
Thanks SO much for coming to visit!! We had SO much fun with yall! Addie is still talking about the Easter egg hunt with Pay Pay and Steph. Next time, we are coming to see yall! Hugs and kisses!
Post a Comment