August 12, 2009

Well worth the trip

Last week, Payton, Payne and I headed to Sherman to spend a couple of days with my family while Brandon finished packing our house. I planned the trip last minute and did not expect to see anyone while I was there b/c it was such short notice. Well, my last minute plans worked out wonderful! I got to see my best friend, Jennifer, and her sweet girls, Addie & Amelia. I was beyond thrilled when she said she could come and see us!

On Tuesday morning, Jen and the girls headed north to Sherman to meet us at my parents house. Payton was so excited to see them, as was I! When they got there, we switched kids :) I took Amelia, little love that she is, and Jen took Payne from his baby hogging uncle Monty. I hadn't seen them since May and we were well overdue for some time with our O'Hair girls.

We headed to City Limits (my fav place to eat in Sherman) for lunch! When Jen and I talk about going "back home" it always seems that our trips revolve around places to eat so it was only fitting that we hit my favorite local eatery. Addie and Payton colored and behaved very well considering they're 2 & 3, they were angels!

After filling up on chips, salsa, burgers and fries, we went back to my parents house to hang out. Jen and I chatted up while Payton and Addie played doctor. I'm not sure either of them have ever been to the doctor considering their form of playing doctor included pool balls, cue stick chalk, seat cushions, pillows and My Little Ponies :) They had such a good time and played their little hearts out. Jen and I caught up on each others lives while holding Moo Moo and Payne. All that was missing.....Red Wine!

It was a more than perfect day with the girls and I'm so glad they took the time out of their lives to come and visit us! I miss them and can't wait for our weekend visit coming up at the end of September.... 5 girls + 1 lil' man weekend 2009 :)

It was also great seeing my parents. I didn't get any pictures of the kids with them :( It's always a pleasure visiting with them. Payton had tons of fun swimming with G-dad and Payne got lots of lovin' from both Gigi and G-dad. It was a short visit but definitely worth the trip!

Sweeties!
Payton- 3 1/2, Amelia- 6 months, Payne- 7 weeks & Addie- 2 1/2


How cute are they? Moo Moo loves younger boys :)

Gorgeous blue eyed girl

Addie's the bestest friend :)

Jen and lil' Payne

Myself with the bebe's

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

We had such a great time visiting with the 2 P's!! I was so excited I got to meet Payne. He is such a sweet little baby boy. We are counting down the days until our girls weekend + 1 lil man! Love yall!

Jaimee Granberry said...

Are those the earrings you were talking about? I will look for them at our crappy Target!

Our life with 2 P's said...

Yes, those are the earrings from T! I just found them here so if you don't find them at Rockwall's ancient Target, let me know and I'll snag you a pair :)