These days, the little things that Payton and Payne do make my days. I got this book the other day and let me tell you- it's one of the sweetest, most real, tear jerkers I have ever read in a children's book. It humbled me about parenting and enjoying the little things with your children. It made me realize how precious each day is with every child you have. It brought tears to my eyes and warmth to my heart reading it and knowing that my babies are growing up right before my eyes and it's ok to enjoy the lasts.
When Payton was little, I tried to keep her a baby as long as I could. I remember not wanting her to go up in diaper sizes b/c that meant she was growing. I remember having a hard time when she outgrew clothes, outgrew her infant carrier, etc.....and now, with Payne, it's even more real b/c he could (ahem, Brandon!) be our last. We have family routines and special things that we do each day and night with each of our children and I love that. I want my babies to be babies and stay babies. They will always be my babies no matter if they're 4 years old or 40 years old. A lot of parents these days rush their children into things, making them grow up too fast. I hope I'm the exact opposite! I don't baby Payton and Payne {well, yes, I baby Payne b/c he's still just a little baby!}but I do treat them like their age and cherish every sweet moment of their ages, good and bad.
One of my favorite songs that I sing every night to Payton and Payne....this pretty much sums it up :)
In the sunlight or the rain
Brightest nights or darkest days
I'll always feel the same way
Whatever road you may be on
No, you're never too far gone
My love is there with you wherever you may be
Just remember that you'll always be my baby
My little things....
Hello world!
5 years ago


3 comments:
*SIGH* Where's the pause button? Why do our babies grow up so fast? They just need to slow down!
What a sweet post. I completely agree with you. I will have to purchase this book- even the title brings tears to my eyes.
:) Love my Ps!
Post a Comment