Payne took his first shot at cereal today......and we're going to need another round or 12 to get it right!! His first taste of cereal was the normal puckering of the lip, spitting it back out and looking at me like I was giving him dirt to eat. And every bite after that we got the same result- tears, sad faces and the most pitiful face of poor Payne that we've ever seen!! Payne rarely cries, as stated in my previous post, but man, cereal + Payne = PAIN to him! Poor guy was not happy one bit about cereal but we'll be giving it another shot every day until he does like it :)
I do think there's a good ol' Texas finger lickin' good reason why he wasn't so fond of the blah cereal....I did something I never (this is why you never say never, right?) thought I'd do- last Saturday, we had BBQ and after every bite I took, Payne would kick and laugh and grunt so I had to give him a little taste of BBQ sauce....his blue eyes can definitely tear at my heartstrings! Well, that taste turned into a whole new Payne getting SO excited after every taste. I gave him about 5 (or 10, who's counting...it's baby #2, right!?) tastes of BBQ sauce and I think I jinxed him b/c now, bland ol' cereal isn't nearly as good as BBQ sauce that I'm sure has more sugar in it than a kid after Halloween!! So, now, I think I might have to spike his cereal with BBQ sauce to get him to eat it!
Payton had a great time feeding him even if he didn't enjoy it. She woke up this morning asking if today was the day that he gets to eat baby cereal. This evening, she helped me make the cereal and had to hold the bowl and give him his first bite. She laughed and got so worried when he didn't like it. She was the only thing that could put a smile back on his face. She went to bed looking forward to feeding Payne his breakfast tomorrow :)
We won't let our first sub-par experience with cereal stop us...Tomorrow morning we'll take another shot at this thing called cereal!
Hello world!
5 years ago









3 comments:
Those faces are cracking me up!!! Too funny! And what is it about 2nd kids..we do stuff so much earlier. I'm feeding Moo pretty much all table food now and I didn't start Addie on it until at least a yr.
I am so glad you captured these moments...that sweet baby put a smile on my face!:)
His faces were priceless!! I am the second attempt went a better.
Post a Comment