On Monday, my sweet big sister Sarah turned 30!! Yes, 30!! :) I am the only Robinson girl left in their 20's and I must say, it's finally great being the baby.....and still in my young years!!
Last Friday, Payton, Payne and I headed up to DFW to celebrate Sarah's birthday. On Saturday, Susanne, Sarah, Payton and I went to ICE at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine. If you've never heard of it, it's an exhibit with a theme each year, and everything is made of ice, everything! Payne and Reid stayed with Gigi at Aunt Susanne's house. We asked Reid if he wanted to join us and he refused to leave baby Payne's side, so sweet! And from what Gigi said, the only time he wasn't tending to his cousin was when he took a nap. So it was a girls day to celebrate Tia's birthday. We got our tickets (which I should have listened to my older sibling and bought them online but that's what younger sisters do, right?!), waited in line and finally it was time to go in at 12:30. We are all SO excited to see "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" in ICE! Well, that was, all of us except Payton. She was terrified of The Grinch and was wanting to be held or hold on to one of our legs throughout the line and throughout ICE. We got our big parkas on and waited to enter the 9 degree Grinch land. We got in and it was freezing cold....like, so cold my wedding ring almost fell off my hand! The girls were bundled so I don't think the cold bothered them one bit. Aunt Tia, Aunt Susanne and Adelie went on the slides and continued through ICE while Payton and I rushed through it so she could be back to her normal self again. The last scene was a nativity scene and Payton was finally smiling and excited about ICE! She LOVES Christmas and especially loves nativity scenes and sweet baby Jesus. After we were done, she and I went and grabbed some hot chocolate and cake balls while we waited for the girls. Once they were out, we did a little shopping at the gift shop and picked up some Grinch paraphernalia :) Sarah had a good time and had even more fun hanging out with her 2 favorite nieces!
After ICE, we grabbed some lunch, went by Market Street to pick up some stuff for Sarah's party then we headed back to Celina to see our boys! Payne really didn't care if I was gone or not....as long as Reid was around, Gigi was there to care for him and he had milk, he was set!
Saturday evening, we had a Taco Fiesta for Sarah's birthday. All her friends and family came, dressed in black, to celebrate her BIG day! Tia and Uncle Leo live in Austin so not all of her friends could make the party but she had a good turn out and we all got to catch up with Sarah and her friends. I think Tia had a great time at her fiesta!
I can't believe my last sister is 30!! I must say, being alive for 28 of her 30 years, she's the best sister, greatest friend, most fun Aunt Tia and sweetest person. I'm so lucky to have Sarah as my sister! I love you Sarah! Payton and Payne send lots of love to Aunt Tia :)
Hello world!
5 years ago


2 comments:
I think you should invest in a blue parka!...such fun...Happy 30th Sarah!...next up: Your Husband!
Great pics! Looks like you guys had fun. Happy Birthday Sarah!
Post a Comment