December 25, 2009

The Granberry's Christmas 2009, Dallas & Rockwall style

We headed to Dallas and Rockwall on Christmas Day.  It's a Granberry family tradition to spend Christmas Day at Grandma Gene's and if you're not at Grandma Gene's on Christmas Day, you're in trouble! :) We got to Dallas around 2 and went straight to Grandma Gene's house. We had a great lunch followed by presents, catching up and enjoying the day with the Granberry family. Payne and Jaxson were entertained by Payton and their cousins Emma, Ross and Amrie.  And for the first time since I've been in the family, Grandma Gene opened her presents first!! Thanks to Charla for asking (or really giving her no choice :)) for her to open her presents so we could see what she got. As much as she didn't like it, we all really enjoyed seeing her open presents for once.



 

 

 



 
 Hysterical! I love this picture!!
 


 



After leaving Grandma Gene's, we headed to Rockwall for Cha Cha and Papa's Christmas. We all picked our usual seats and  watched Payton open her gifts. She is nothing like me as a child when it comes to Christmas. She patiently opened all her gifts, looked at each one and stacked them nice and neat beside her and was eager to watch Payne and Jaxson open their gifts. I would have torn through every gift, not even noticed what it was and cried like a baby that I had no gifts left!! I was awful, sorry mom and dad (and Sonya, Susanne and Sarah who had to hear my tantrums as a young child!).  She loved everything and was one happy girl!



 

 

 

 


Jaxson opened his gifts next and definitely got the hang of it after his present. He had so much fun playing with all his new toys. He's crawling all over the place (and my bet is that he'll be walking very soon!!) and so fun to watch. He's such a little love bug! His 1st Christmas was so much fun!



 


Payne was next to open his 1st Christmas presents! He really didn't know what to think of "RIP IT" at first.  He patiently looked at his presents and really would have preferred for someone else to do all the unwrapping and opening of the actual gifts then he'd play with the toys and get excited.  He loved his Laugh & Learn dog. He was happy as a clam in Cha Cha's lap, watching everyone and playing with any toy you'd put in front of him.



 

 

 

 

Then it was the adults turn.  We are all very blessed and received wonderful, thoughtful gifts from everyone. We spent the next couple of days being lazy, playing with the kiddo's, playing games, watching football and eating! It was so nice to be back with our family! The Granberry Christmas was special and fun in 2009!

P.S.  I can't edit any of the Christmas pictures b/c my computer isn't letting me upload pictures so I'm using Brandon's and his doesn't have my savy software. I'm lucky to have pictures so I'll take what I can get :)  

0 comments: