February 16, 2010

There once was...

a girl who had LOTS of curls! One day, she woke up wanting to be a "princess with princess hair" so off she and her mommy (and little brother, too!) went to give the princess with curls a hair makeover....from curly, curly to straight with lots of volume!

She wanted to play dress up and picked out her Christmas dress (if you know Payton, playing dress up means playing in my clothes or hers, rarely does dress up at our house really mean dressing up play clothes) for the perfect outfit to go along with her new hair.  She sat patiently while the Queen Mum dried her hair with a curl brush and straightened it with a flat iron. Once the job was done, little Miss Princess Payton was so excited she could hardly contain it. She jumped around and kept saying "look how long my hair is" with added flare and drama of course!

 All day, she kept looking at herself in mirrors and would remind me how much she loved her hair.  I'm sure she wondered why I kept looking at her b/c I could not figure out who she looked like. She is perfect with or without curls. I prefer her curls but I know that the day will come when her beautiful curls will be overtaken with blow drying and straighteners :(