Happy Halloween!!! Halloween is such a fun time and I love it for the kids. This year was a first in our house and a fun memory --I didn't have a hand in picking out their costumes. Brandon took Payton into the Halloween store and let her pick out her costume and Payne's costume. My last words to him were "Please get them something matching b/c I want them to coordinate". I about died when I saw what they came out with!! Yoda for Mr. P and My Little Pony for herself. Really? I had to completely let go of my control of wanting my kids to coordinate and let her know that she did a great job even though I was cringing inside! Ha!
Payton modeled her Pony costume on more than 1 occasion and was hysterical in the outfit. I called it her hoochie My Little Pony costume b/c it was very over the top and completely out of my comfort zone! I'm not a big taker on characters in any type of clothing and the fact that her costume had everything I would have never let her pick out makes it that much more funny and sweet :) And she loved it so that's all that mattered.
Payne did not like his costume at all! He wouldn't wear the Yoda costume without screaming so Brandon had to exchange his costume. Due to the select few little man costumes they had at the store, he came home with a Spiderman costume. He pulled it out of the bag and it really could have fit me! It was huge!! We got a good laugh about it and once again, he headed back to the store to exchange the costume since they do not do returns. On his last trip, he picked up a Darth Vader costume and it was a winner. It fit him and the week before Halloween, that was all that mattered!
We spent the day enjoying the gorgeous weather! We played outside almost all day and the kids loved every minute of it. Payne fell and hit his head on the concrete and has a nice mark for his 2nd Halloween. The boy trips all the time!
Tonight we went trick or treating around our neighborhood with The Heinrich's and The Blank's. Our kids have been trick or treating together since they were little. It was fun to see them running as fast as they could from house to house. The boys didn't quite run from house to house or really "trick or treat" but they did get lots of candy thanks to their sisters filling their bags for them along with their own. We had a great Halloween and hope you and your little goblins did too! Enjoy all the candy and goodies!
Hello world!
5 years ago










1 comments:
Darth Payner! Love it! I think I want kids just so Halloween will be that much more exciting! : )
Post a Comment