While at the store the other night on the hunt for a new Christmas tree for Payton's and Payne's rooms, the day came that I knew would come one day....Payne was mistaken for a GIRL! Yes, a girl! I've always known that he's a beautiful little boy b/c he's my son and I'm biased. I have been told that he's "too pretty to be a boy" :) so I was waiting for someone to call him a girl but I didn't think it would be when he was almost 18 months old!!
So, we are in line and I notice the checker is this sweet old lady. She was talking to the couple in front of us and went on and on and barely let them out the door. We put all our things up and she so sweetly and honestly says "You have two of the most beautiful daughters"...I really had to think about what she said and the look on Payton's face answered my question "Did she really just say I had daughterS?" I sweetly told her that the her was indeed a boy and just had long hair. She then said he was a beautiful little boy :)
Then, she was telling me about how much I looked like Julia Roberts. She just called my son a girl but yet she's telling me I look like Julia Roberts, whom I love! My moment of questioning her sanity went down the drain when she so sweetly complimented me with her Julia Roberts rantings :) She then told me that her granddaughter looks like Julia Roberts, too. I know full and well I don't look like Julia Roberts but her kind comment offset the daughters comment and made them that much more memorable.
I was telling my friend Sarah this story this week and when I mentioned that she started talking about her granddaughter looking like Julia Roberts she knew exactly who I was talking about!! That same old lady {that had to be 80+ years old...at least!!} had told her about her granddaughter as well!! HA! We got a great laugh out of it!
Two weeks ago, a girl in Hobby Lobby told me he had the Justin Bieber haircut, ha! I'd say he doesn't look like a girl, he's just got style. You be the judge....girly boy or Bieber?! HA!
Hello world!
5 years ago





2 comments:
Ok, I definitely thinks he's a beautiful boy, but I don't think he looks like a girl! His hair is SO long! I guess I haven't seen him since July. What a little ladies man!
He is beautiful...but I'm going with Tom Brady on this one. Which must be a result of Brandon's doing, seeing as how that's his fantasy man. : ) Julia, you do have 2 beautiful kids! Love y'all!
Post a Comment