January 11, 2009

Give me a B-U-C-E-E-S... BUC-EE'S!!

Who would have ever thought an almost 3 year old would be so excited about a gas station opening?! Definitely, not us! Our world has revolved around a beaver named gas station for the last 3 months! Buc-ee's were glad you are open!!

On Friday afternoon, Brandon got home from golfing and had some work to do so Payton and I went up to Buc-ee's to get gas, get some Buc-ee's goods and get the Yukon washed. When I told her it was time to go to B's, she bolted to the car, opened the door and jumped in her car seat. Note.... we have never left our house this quickly nor has she ever done all of these things at one time, so promplty... until Buc-ee's! Once we got in the car, it was off to the oh-so-anticipated Buc-ee's magnificent gas staion and car wash. When we pulled up, the place was packed! You'd have thought they were giving free stuff away... oh wait, they were!! First, we got gas and Payton kept saying "I want to go in THERE, in THERE, Mama" while pointing at the store. Once we got gas and a car wash ticket, we were off to get our car washed, then we were going to go inside to see what was in store.

The car wash line was about 5 cars long but let me tell you, I've been to many of car washes since I began driving and they've got it down pat, running super smoothly. We put our code into the computer and a nice computer generated gentleman greeted us and gave us simple wash instructions. Once we pulled up to the car wash, there was an attendant there giving hand signals of what we needed to do and pretty much all we had to do was sit back, relax and let the car wash itself. The car wash is as long, if not longer, than a football field and it takes about 2 minutes to get through the "works" wash. While in the wash, Payton's face was priceless! She looked super scared but then would laugh and scream :) Once we were done, we vacuumed our car out using the handy free token we got when we purchased the wash. After all was clean and shiny, it was time to go inside the much anticipated Beaver store.

When we walked up to the store, there was a life size Buc-ee greeting us at the door. When we walked inside, Payton thought she had landed in kid heaven! They have candy of every kind (including their own bagged candy), beef jerky, coffee, sandwiches, pastries, drinks, and everything else normal gas stations have. They do indeed have the most clean (and it's not just b/c it's new, it's what they're known for) restrooms I've ever seen in any business! We picked out a few goodies- Candy almonds, beef jerky for daddy, Beaver Nuggets (corn popped goodness is the only way to explain them), a Gatorade and a water, then we headed to check out. While paying, Payton got a Buc-Beaver sticker! She thought that was the best thing yet! Had I known that a free sticker would have brought her the same joy as all the snack foods I had bought, trust me, I would not have spent the $25 on the convenient store junk! After experiencing the great Buc-ee's, we headed home to show daddy all our cool stuff and to tell him all about B's. When we told daddy how great it was, he had to try it out for himself so we all loaded up in his truck and got diesel for the big rig, as I call it, then got a car wash. We also got 22 free car washes for going inside the store! Woohoo- we're set for clean cars for at least 22 weeks!

Buc-ee's opening was a fun day for Payton! She loves it and was sad to leave. She's going to be even more upset when we tell her that we're not naming her baby brother or sister Buc-ee's :( I'm sure that will be the baby's nickname for years to come!


We're on our way!


This is it!


Happy girl at Buc's


Our first buy at Buc-ee's


I know this picture is blurry and that drives me nuts but I LOVE her face in this picture!
I'm not sure who she looks like here?


One last trip in Daddy's truck

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness that is priceless! They are so sweet at that age!

Jaimee Granberry said...

LOVE IT! I am not sure who P looks like in that pic. either, but it's still not you. Better luck with G Baby #2. :) LOVE YOU!