Payton's hair is curly and out of control! Every morning when she wakes up, her hair is all over the place. Thank goodness for hair products, combs and banders. Since she was 9 months old, Payton's had "product" in her hair as my sisters like to call it. And as she has gotten older, it's definitely necessary to use multiple products on her hair to make it tame and cute :) She's never had a hair cut and when wet, her hair is past her shoulders. It's long on top (past her chin) and the back is finally catching up.
For the record, in case you were wondering, she gets the curls from her MAMA! I believe that may be the 2nd thing she gets from me. She has relatively long legs and gets those from me and then there are the curls and ummm..... that's about it! Even though I never wear my hair curly, it is curly...promise! It's not the same kind of curl- my curls are much loser, longer spiral curls and poor P has no hope with ever having straight hair. Her curls are very tight and the more humid it is outside, the bouncier, tighter her curls get.
Back in August, we played beauty shop at Gigi's house with cousin Adelie. We blow dried (is this a word?!) P's hair with a round brush (the KEY in making curls straight) then we straightened it with a flat iron. About 5 minutes later, the curls were coming back and within an hour, they were all back, bouncy as always. I keep telling her I'm sorry that she got my curls and I love them now but I know, one day, she too will not want her precious curls. Until then, it's detangler, conditioning balm, gel, banders and bows, of course!! Without her sweet curls, she would not be the spunky, feisty little girl that she is today :) 


Hello world!
5 years ago


4 comments:
I LOVE the curls. They really are precious and make her our sweet, crazy, little P!:)
she does have VERY curly hair. it's so precious! when did it start getting curly?
I love Payt's curls!! She is such a cutie!!
I remember telling my mom about 3 days after she was born that I thought her hair was going to be curly. It wasn't until she was about 10 months that it started to curl and she had enough to show curl :)
Post a Comment