August 24, 2009

Newest ballerina on the block


Payton started her 1st year of dance today. She was SO excited to start class! We went last week to watch the other girls (all of her friends) to make sure she really wanted to try it...and boy did she ever!! She has talked non-stop about dance since last Monday.

Today, she kept asking all day, "Mommy, is it time for dance yet? Can I put on my pink outfit and tap shoes?" Once it came time for her to get dressed, she was MORE than willing to cooperate! I was astounded by her willingness to listen and stand still while getting dressed and doing her hair....I don't think I've ever seen her that still! After putting her hair in a cut bun (which is definitely a task with all the curls that like to stick out while trying to perfect a pony tail!), putting on her pink tights and putting on her cute pink leotard, we were out the door and off to dance.

She was so happy to see all her friends when she got there. They all gave her hugs, then they headed to class. They do ballet, tap and gymnastics during the 45-minute class. Payton did very well for her 1st time dancing. She listened well and watched Mrs. Laura, her teacher, and all her friends to make sure she was doing every move just right.

She was so happy when she got out of class! I never thought I'd put her in dance but I must admit, I am SO glad we did b/c I have never seen her so calm and happy, all at the same time! She had a fantastic time at her 1st dance class and is already looking forward to next week. 

Now, if we can get her out of the leotard and tights and keep her out of them until next week, it will be a miracle! The girl would wear them all day if we'd let her! She also thinks her tap shoes are everyday shoes so I've had to hide them VERY high so she doesn't find them (:  

** The pictures are blurry b/c we sit behind a mirrored glass so that the girls can't see us. These are the best I could get for now but you get the idea....pink clothes, bun, dancing (: 

 
Little ballerinas 

  
 Listening to Mrs. Laura

  
 Sitting like pro's

  
 And up....


  
 My favorite pic of her


 Heal, toe

  
So proud! 

  
Totally distracted 

 
 Sarah, Payton, Anna & Olivia

2 comments:

Jaimee Granberry said...

I CANNOT believe a daughter of yours is in dance! I LOVE it! She is a doll...hopefully she is remembering the great tips I gave her b/f she started!:)

Lawson's said...

Great picture of the 4 of them. Maybe we could photo shop addie and Libbey in!