Around our house, golf supplies can be found just about anywhere. When my dad had heart surgery back in May, Brandon took Payton to the golf store to keep her busy. They came back with new shirts for daddy and G-Dad and pink golf balls and a pink golf grip for Payton. Payton loves anything pink and when she's with her daddy, if she wants it, she usually gets it :) Until today, I had no idea where the pink grip went and I wasn't too worried about it's whereabouts...until now!
Payne was sleeping in his swing, I was working and Payton was playing behind me, coloring at her table. I'm sitting in my office chair and all of a sudden, I get hit with a pink grip....a Lamkin Grip {Are you proud, Daddy?}. I quickly turned around and asked Payton why she hit me and she said "Mommy, this isn't a golf thingy anymore, it's killing supplies and you're the dragon" said in her most ferocious voice! WHOA Mama!! Killing supplies and dragons??!! Where is this coming from?! So I asked my sweet little 3 year old where she learned these violent, bad things and she said "from the boys at cool, {Payton can't say words that begin with sc so school is pronounced "cool"} Mommy!" So, we had a little mother-daughter chat about why hitting, using words like killing and being violent is NOT ok!! She then switched from GI Payton to princess ballerina Payton and our girl was back, whew!!
I think this may have been a glimpse of my future with this sweet lil' man :)





1 comments:
Ha ha ha ha ha! I like GI Payton best! Now seems like an appropriate time to tell her, "poop!"
Post a Comment