November 6, 2009

Little Miss Seuss'y

This week and next week at Payton's school they are focusing on Dr. Seuss.  Last Christmas, Payton received 4 Dr. Seuss DVD's and we put 1 in right after Christmas and she was not interested and somewhat scared of the Cat in the Hat. Well, times they are a changin'!!! She not only likes Dr. Seuss and everything Cat in the Hat but she is almost on the verge of insanity with the Cat in the Hat! She LOVES this cat {and if you know us, we're much more dog peeps so this comes to a shock to us, ha!}!!

This week, she has learned all about the craziness and coolness of Dr. Seuss.  She now wants to watch her Cat in the Hat DVD's all day long and is memorizing every word to them! Which I might add that these DVD's are f.re.a.k.y. to most people and have muppet'ish characters that dance around and ride in bubbles....like I said, crazy Dr. Seuss!!

Payne got a Cat in the Hat stuffed animal as a baby gift and it's now been adopted by Payton. She carries the animal around on her back like a monkey and puts it in Payne's face and he giggles the deepest, sweetest laugh everytime she does it! He also enjoys it when I sing the "Cat in the Hat loves the P's" song that I made up :) So maybe he's not laughing at the stuffed animal, maybe he's laughing at my horrible voice and ridiculous words!! Either way, the Cat is a hit at our house and we're gonna keep him around!!

Next week is more Seuss at school so we'll see what else our Little Miss comes home with :)


She  made the hat at school but I couldn't stand
that her name wasn't on the front of it so I personalized
it for her :)

 
Hugs for the newest friend in our house

 
Friday night watching Dr. Seuss movies, acting out
every scene, wearing her Buc-ee's T-Shirt backwards
{the ONLY way she wears it!} and dancing around
the house singing to her little brother :) Sweetness!

When I was in Raleigh, my sister Susanne and I took Adelie {And Payne, too} to the Marbles Museum. They had this quote on the wall and I loved it! Little did I know that Dr. Seuss was all too bright in our future...and that this pretty much sums up Payton b/c there's no other like her and we always tell her to be herself and she'll go farther than far in life :)



1 comments:

Jennifer said...

This post is too cute! And Missy P doesn't look like a toddler anymore, she looks like such a big girl! I see more and more of Brandon in her with each new picture you post! xoxo