Away from being 1 year old!! Payne is 9 months old, today!! He is such a joy and such a blessing to our lives. The last 9 months have flown by and with each day, we are so grateful to have his sweetness warm our hearts and home.
He is one growing boy. At 8 months (his 9 month stats will be coming soon), he weighed 18 lbs 15 oz...healthy little boy! He is all boy! He loves to bang, throw and be loud! I think Payton may outdo him when it comes to talking but he may outdo her when it comes to the volume of noise one can make with a toy!! The boy L.O.V.E.S. to eat! He will eat anything we give him. This month, he's tried grass, dirt, salad, chicken noodle soup, beans, breads, carrots, celery, waffles with no syrup (if you know me, I cannot stand the smell of syrup on a child so my children having syrup is a BIG treat!), Flying Saucer pies, chicken and a few more things here and there, I'm sure.
He loves to sleep and is really good at it. He usually goes to bed between 7-7:30 and wakes up anywhere from 7-8:30. He naps from 10 to noon usually and goes back down at 2 until 3:30 or 4. Anytime we're in the car, the baby boy sleeps!! He's still sitting in his infant carrier (and I'm clinging on to it as long as I can b/c it's the last "baby" item to me and I have a hard time letting go) but pretty soon he'll upgrade to a big boy car seat.
He babbles non-stop. And just today, for his mama, he finally said "ma-ma, ma-ma, ma-ma" and my heart melted! Oh so sweet are those words. He knows which dog is which and where they are at all times. He and Emmit have become quite the pair seeing as Emmit doesn't leave his side so he really has no choice but to love the big brown hunk of love.
He loves windows and blinds! Every afternoon, you can find a handsome little brown haired, grayish-blue eyed little chubber looking out the window with a random bang here and there. He loves to give the windows kisses. He watches Payton play outside and the closer she gets to the window, the more excited and bouncy he gets.
He is a mama's boy. If I leave the room, he puckers up his bottom lip, his face turns read and the loudest cry comes out of his little mouth. What can I say, I love it that he loves his mommy but he's not completely one sided, he loves his daddy, too. When Brandon walks in the door/room, he starts jumping and has the sweetest ear to ear grin on his face.
Payton LOVES her brother and I love it that she's at the stage where she wants to play with him. She follows him around and plays like she's his mommy and says "No, no, baby Payne!" and directs him all over the house. She helps me with everything when it comes to Payne...and I don't even ask for her help, she volunteers it out of her sisterly love :) I had the biggest fear that Payton would have jealousy with Payne but there has not been 1 day of jealousy since he arrived.
I sure hope the next month goes by slowly but I have a feeling, I'll be sitting here writing about our handsome little prince all too soon. We definitely have the sweetest Payne and we wouldn't trade him for anything in this world!!!
** This post has no pictures b/c I still cannot upload pics to my computer! Brandon will be back tomorrow so I'll upload pics then :) I have some really good ones of both our P's! I know this post is boring to our 2 readers without pictures :)
Hello world!
5 years ago


2 comments:
So sweet! Sophie started saying Mama Saturday! Happy 9 months to your precious Payne! Looking forward to pictures!
STOP GROWING!!! Why do they have to grow so fast? But, isn't it SO much fun to watch them learn, and think "I had a part in teaching them"?! Such a blessing!!
Post a Comment