June 11, 2010

He's 1!!!!

It's hard to believe that our baby Payne is 1 year old! My goodness, he can't be 1 already!?!! I've been thinking of his 1st birthday since he was born and knew it would come too quickly for my liking and it did just that. I love every stage of a baby and child and they are all my favorites.

Payne Robinson Granberry was born on Thursday, June 11th, 2009, at 3:33 p.m. weighing 7 lbs 4 oz and 20 1/4" long. It was a wonderful, easy delivery and a sweet memory that I'll never forget. Brandon and I woke up (well, I barely slept out of pure excitement!) at 5:30 a.m. on Thursday.  At 6:00 a.m. the hospital called our home phone and told us that due to the amount of deliveries, my induction was on hold and they would call me back once there was an opening. About 45 minutes later, they called back and we were ready to go! I think the shock hit me then....I would be leaving my sleeping, sweet girl as my only child and bringing home a sweet baby boy making me a mama of 2!!!

Everything went smoothly and we were setup and I was induced and ready to meet our baby boy.  About 9:00, my nurse came rushing in the room saying my blood pressure kept going up and down. This was the main reason Dr. C wanted me induced b/c my BP was high and I've never had any issues with my BP so that was concerning to him.  The nurse got me fixed up and everything went back to normal. About 20 minutes later, the same thing.  This kept going on over and over until around noon.  At 6 cm's, I decided I better get an epidural before it was too late.  My contractions were much less strong with Payne than they were with Payton (at 3 cm's, I got my epidural with Payton and my contractions were less than 1 minute apart and making mountains!) but I knew going without was not the way I wanted to go.  After getting oxygen to try and control my BP and turning all ways under the sun, my body finally calmed down and little Payne;s HR did too.

Payton was a K2 Academy and I wanted her to be there when Payne arrived if at all possible so she could be the first to see him. I asked my nurse to let us know when we were close so P could be there. She then said "well, the Grandpa's better go get her b/c you are ready to push!" Whoa was all I could think! So Gdad and Papa went to K2 to pick up the big sister-to-be. While they were gone, we had our baby boy!!! Payne was born after much pushing that lasted a short 12 minutes!  He came out screaming and with black, very curly hair, looking just like his sister!! All I could think was how blessed we were that he was healthy.  His cord was wrapped around his neck so that's why my BP was off and why his HR kept fluctuating.Thank the Lord Dr. C knows his stuff b/c had I not gone in when I did, something could have gone terribly wrong. I kept looking at him when he was being weighed and cleaned thinking how much he looked JUST like Payton.  Once he got bathed and calmed down, he didn't look as much like his sister as I first thought.  Payton arrived about 10 minutes after he was born. She came in with Gigi and Cha Cha and met her little brother. She was a bit overwhelmed by what all was going on but nevertheless, she was in awe of him. She came in the room and sat with me and just looked at him. She was tired from school and had no idea what was really going on. She was very concerned why I had "cords" in my arm and why I couldn't get up. We spent the next 2 days in the hospital and came home and have enjoyed our little boy every since :)

Payne is the sweetest little boy with such a fun spirit. He's calm and reserved when others are around but when he's at home or feeling comfortable in his surroundings, he's a talker, mover and loves to make lots of noise! He's crawling all over the place and getting into everything he's not supposed to :) He L.O.V.E.S. balls! He can spot a ball the second we walk into a store/room. He also likes anything that is Payton's, trucks, his "Payne" chair, books, the dogs water and food bowls, water (pools and in cups), food of any kind, baths, playing outside, swinging, lotion time, hugs from mama, riding in the car, The Backyardigans, eating his shoes, drinking from our cups, anything sweet, baskets, hitting windows and his most recent fav is climbing.  He can say ball, throw, dog, dada, hi/hello and mama (rarely but he says it!).He's been observing his mommy and now puts his hand to his ear and gets a big grin on his face and says "o" for hello.

He loves food! We've given him almost every food and he will eat everything but lettuce.  He loves bread more than anything and enjoys every fruit.  He just started on whole milk and is slowly learning to like it.

The past 12 months have been nothing short of wonderful! We couldn't ask for a better child and a more handsome one at that :) He's a good combo of both Brandon and I in personality and looks.  I've been told more recently that he's looking more like me and I love it! I have never been told that Payton looks like me b/c she looks like Brandon and her Cha Cha (but she does have my personality...some days) so hearing that Payne looks like me makes me smile :)

Payne makes my heart melt with each passing day. He smiles and looks up to me like I'm the center of his universe and that I can do no wrong.  He has made my heart bigger than I thought it could be and has made me a better mommy to he and Payton without even knowing it.  When he was born, our lives changed and for that, I am forever grateful to the Lord.  We truly are blessed beyond measure and I am so thankful that 12 months ago today, my son was born and has had 12 splendid months of life. I cannot wait to see what all the years ahead bring with our little Payne. I know without a doubt that one thing is for sure, Payne will live a great life filled with love.

We love our Payne Robinson Granberry!! Happy 1st Birthday to our sweet son!



















































6 comments:

Amber said...

Makes me teary! He's so precious!

raschel said...

I can't believe he's ONE! WOW! Time has FLOWN!! Such sweet kiddos...and Steph, I think BOTH of your kids are good mixtures of you and Brandon! THey're adorable!!

ashley, kyle, clay, and avery said...

What a cutie! I agree, I think that he looks like you too! I loved your sweet post, made me want to cry. Happy Birthday, Payne!

Cary Hendricks said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy!! Can't believe he is one already! What a precious boy!!

Keith, Sarah, Hannah, & Hunter said...

Makes me teary too! Payne's a handsome, adorable little boy! You have such a beautiful family, inside and out!

crys0823 said...

Happy Birthday Big Bear!!! Can't wait to celebrate with you on Saturday!! Love you tons