June 5, 2010

Oklahoma to see our besties

Over Memorial Day weekend, we packed up and headed to Shawnee, Oklahoma to visit our great friends from college, The Rossers! Amber and I met when we were sophomores in college and have been best friends ever since. She and Ryan were high school sweethearts and got married 6 months after Brandon and I got married.

Last time we saw them was in January 2009 so it was definitely time for a visit! Since then, we've both added additions to our families. Amber had baby girl Presley in August and we were so happy we finally got to meet that sweet baby girl.

They were the best hosts to us! From homemade lunches, dinners and breakfasts to playing outside in their pool and slip 'n slide, there was not a thing we did without!! Amber and Ryan built their new house almost a year ago and I've been dying to see it.  It is so beautiful! Ryan is starting to build custom homes and I see why! Landon and Presley are both so precious and such a joy to be around! Landon and Payton had a ball together! They played so hard and Landon taught Payton all about guns and swords :)  Payne and Presley (future Mrs. Granberry I may presume, ha!!) kept themselves entertained by hitting each other, going after one another and playing with toys. 

On Saturday night, we went to Ryan's parents house. They have cows, a goat named Feta that Landon calls "Billy" and chickens. Payton was in awe and loved every minute of it! She and Landon terrorized poor Feta but she didn't back down from either of them.  Payton held a chicken and wasn't scared at all! I think she was showing off for Landon. He isn't scared of a thing so that brought out Payton's brave side :)

It was one of the best weekends we've ever had and with such great friends! We always knew we'd be friends with Ryan and Amber forever and it's so neat to see our kids growing up and the lives each of us lives apart yet we're still like old friends every time we see them. It will definitely be less than 1+ years when we see them next!! 



















1 comments:

Jaimee Granberry said...

wonderful pics!!! :)