January 19, 2011

Worth waiting...

I've  been waiting for a long time to write this post.....7 months and counting to be exact! I'm happy to say that we are moving back to DALLAS! Yippeee!! Well, we are moving once our house sells so I'll rephrase that to we are moving back to Dallas soon!

Brandon and I both work for his dad's company, Graphic Solutions Group. I am lucky enough to work from home so my job can be done from an airport, Starbuck's, you've got WiFi I can work. Brandon's job cannot be done from anywhere. When we moved here 6+ years ago, Brandon took over the role of the Houston Branch Manager. For the past 6+ years, he has spent almost every waking hour {or so it seemed for at least the first 3 years!!}at GSG.  He's done such a great job at making the Houston branch what it is today.

Back in June, he called and asked me and the kids to meet him for dinner. This wasn't unusual at all. I thought we were meeting up for dinner and just that. He was super quiet and I knew there was something he wasn't telling me. He told me that he went to lunch with Chris, his best friend that also happens to work for GSG as a sign sales rep in Houston, to discuss some things. I really thought he was going to tell me Chris was losing his job and I was going to be super upset! He then told me that he and Chris discussed Chris taking over as the Branch Manager of Houston. I had a questionable look on my face and he then said "We're moving back to Dallas!" To say I was shocked, sad and excited all at the same time is an understatement. I knew this day was coming but didn't expect it so soon.

For the next 7 months, only our family and closest friends knew that we were moving. It was so hard not telling people, esp. people at GSG.  There was speculation about Brandon's job changing when Chris became the Assistant Branch Manager in Houston in September when no other branch has such a position. Last week, Mark {Brandon's dad} made the announcement of Brandon's new position! Finally I could talk about it when people asked! He is now the VP of Marketing at GSG in Dallas! As of Monday, he is now working full-time in Dallas. I'm very happy that he's working in Dallas and loving his new job and doing a job that gives him new challenges. I'm sad that the kids and I are here until our house sells without him. Driving back from Dallas to Houston on Monday evening was an eye opener for me. I realized then that I had to be strong for my kids or this wasn't going to work. So, my goal is to make this transition easy for Payton and Payne all while enjoying being a wife and mommy. It's not like he's away from us for months at a time but the change is an adjustment and harder than this independent mama ever expected.

I pray our house sells soon or I think I'm going to lose my mind! We've had many, many showings and 2 low ball offers thus far. It's all in God's hands and as always, he gives us nothing we can't handle. I'm very thankful that we don't have to be out of our house at anytime. I know there are many families that are financially stricken and selling their homes for completely different reasons than we are and that keeps me positive after 36 showings....and counting! God is teaching me patience on every level and I'm hopefully a better wife, mom and person because of it.

I'm so proud of Brandon and his achievements :) Here's to my hubby's new job, our house selling and moving back "home"!!! 


3 comments:

ashley, kyle, clay, and avery said...

Yea! Congratulations! I am so excited for you all. I will be praying for a quick house sell and strength for you!

raschel said...

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!! Makena has the same shirt ms. P is wearing; I love it! So excited you'll soon be back!

Jaimee Granberry said...

Yay, Yay, YAAAAAY! Let's hurry it up already...7 months has already been too long to wait! I can't wait to have you near...oh, the trouble we might cause. Praying for God's perfect timing and peace and comfort in that while you wait! : ) Love you and the Ps!