January 20, 2011

Payne: 19 months {and 9 days late!}

Payne is just 5 short months away from being 2! Where did my baby boy go? He's definitely not a baby anymore but he is all boy! He's a mess and a lover all at the same time.  He still loves balls! I mean, you'd think he'd get tired of them, playing with them day in and day out but not him! He usually falls asleep with one in hand and has a death grip on it so you can't take it away.  Recently he's found a  liking for a dollar aisle Target cow that moo's. He calls it his "bull". When we went to Sherman last week, I saw a bull in a pasture and said "That is the biggest bull I've ever seen" so now he thinks all cows are bulls.

He has one short little temper. You make him mad, he throws a fit, screams and cries....all for about 5 seconds. There is definitely a difference between boy fits and girl fits :) Girl fits are much more dramatic! He is repeating most anything we say. His current favorite word is mine...lovely word that I really have to tell him over and over again that it's a bad word and that we don't say, ha! He is now running full force and has learned to jump. He is a climber! Payton was a climber and still is so I shouldn't be surprised. I think it's his swiftness that gets me.  He loves to play with anything that is Payton's. He terrorizes her over playing with her toys.

He still takes 2 naps a day, most days.  He will nap for about 2 hours in the morning and 1-2 hours in the afternoons depending on what is going on. He loves to eat food and sweets but doesn't like sweet, cold treats like ice cream and yogurt. He adores Rudy to no end but Rudy wants nothing to do with him :( Emmit loves Payne! He lets him lay on him and roll all over him. I'm sure Payne giving him most of his meals throughout the day doesn't have any bearings on Emmit's love for him :)

The toddler months fly by so quickly I just want to freeze frame time at every stage. We love our Payne to pieces and we love that he keeps us on our toes!



Growling while dancing

Master P! Master of climbing the play set

Little man....that needs a hair cut!

1 comments:

Jaimee Granberry said...

The most handsome boy I know (after his uncle Jaries that is!)...