August 24, 2011

KG for PG

Our sweet first born started Kindergarten on Monday! She was beyond excited on the eve of Kindergarten. I, on the other hand, was full of emotions and barely slept the night before. She woke up at 6:15 rarin' to go! Payton has NEVER woken up before 7:30 in her entire life.ever. We ate cinnamon rolls, got dressed for school and off we went to Rucker Elementary. We walked her into school and she acted like she owned the place. With her daddy in tow, she took us to her room. She got all settled, we gave her hugs, kissed her hand and she sat down to color. No tears, no looking back! I was relieved that she did so well!!

She told me after her first day of school that she wanted to eat in the cafeteria and that she definitely wanted to go back. Since then, she has asked multiple times if she could eat in the cafeteria. For some reason, I have had a really hard time with her wanting to eat at school. I do have the menu list but knowing that I didn't make it bothers me for some ridiculous reason. I think it goes back to the first paragraph of me freaking out that my first born is now independent (which is a great thing!) and growing up. Her desire for a "tray" will come true tomorrow against her Mama's will. Words cannot express her level of happiness! She told me she's going to get white milk, pick out her own food and get a cookie :)

We love Payton's new school! Her teacher is super sweet and her principal is really nice, too! She's one proud Rucker Eagle!!! The transition has been easy and worry free, other than the rantings about cafeteria food :) We're very pleased with Rucker Elementary and can't wait to see what the next year holds for our little Eagle!!


Heart Cinnamon rolls :)


Naked kiddos! They were about to get dressed for the big day!


It's official! 


Love her sass in this pic


Mommy and her #1


Daddy and his #1


We made it!


Off she goes


Almost there....


Sweet Mrs. M


Bye to my sweet P


Ready to learn!

1 comments:

Jaimee Granberry said...

Beyond precious. Love P1. Tear...Can't believe she's old enough to go to school. Is P2 wearing cowboy boots?