May 9, 2012

Something to blog about :) My niece!

So, I haven't blogged in a very long time. Actually, since Payton started Kindergarten. Now, she is 2 weeks shy of being done with Kindergarten! It's sad to think my little KG girl is going into first grade. It's also sad to think that I haven't blogged in almost 9 months. Nothing life changing has kept me from blogging; just enjoying every moment with my family and loving life, doing work (as my hubby calls it :)) and spending all our time with family and friends.

I decided to blog today for my sweet niece, Adelie. She had her 1st major surgery today to construct her an ear. She will have a total of 4 surgeries over the next 6 months to construct her ear cosmetically. You can follow her journey here.  She was born 8 years ago without an ear and without an ear canal. She has lived 8 years with only 1 ear and you would never know she had only 1 ear. She has excellent hearing and can hear better than most people with 2 ears.

She did wonderful during her surgery today. She is in her room now and will recover there for the next 24 hours then she'll head home to Gunter. Please keep her, my sister, my brother-in-law and my nephew in your prayers. The next few weeks will be tough keeping this active little gal inactive :)

It's amazing how God works through doctors to make everyday miracles seem so simple. We are truly blessed by His graces and especially our ADELIE GRACE :)

 Here are some pictures of my brave little niece and her new ear!

Before surgery



Her new ear! Her "special ear" is still attached and will be removed in another surgery. :)





2 comments:

Amy said...

I just read up on her site and I was so glad to see she is doing so well! We'll keep praying for her!

Jaimee Granberry said...

Hooray for a blog post! Love sweet Adelie & I know she is going to wonderful through all of this!